Tech For Troops exists to serve veterans as they return to civilian life, improve their skills, and seek better employment.
We Serve Those Who Served
Listen to Mark Casper share how and why we serve our veterans and why Tech For Troops focuses on IT.
From life skills to training and helping to find employment, Tech For Troops is always focused on serving veterans. We give our best because these veterans generously gave their best – we’re paying forward with honor, integrity, and meaningful benefit.
We are a non-partisan, non-discriminatory Veteran services organization.
Workforce and Economic Development
Tech For Troops believes in Workforce and Economic Development and both of our training programs revolve around education and economic development. Our online and in person Veteran Improvement By Education (VIBE) Program gifts in-need Veterans critical life and career skills that will provide a life changing foundation. Both programs will help lift Veterans from homelessness or poverty into a sustainable career. The program gives a strong support system for struggling Veterans while they are going through the program and after they graduate, which helps the in need Veteran gain confidence in their abilities.
Skills Training and Workforce Preparation
Tech For Troops believes that a Veteran who wants to enter the workforce with hands-on skills in IT should be afforded that opportunity. We hire Veterans to learn hands on skills they might not be able to learn in school. The Veterans Job Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose, refurbish, repair, disassemble computer hardware;
- Learn to expertly wipe data from all data devices;
- Install software images;
- Install and configure hardware and software;
- Collect and process incoming computers with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Distribute computers to Veterans and their families with grace and dignity.
Tech For Troops provides complete hands-on experience and mentorship that leads to a fulfilling career - not just a job.
Veteran Improvement Program Laptop Application
WHO WE HELP
Richmond area recipients must attend a Veteran Improvement Basic Computer Literacy Training class prior to receiving the gift of technology. If you are Computer Literate, we will ask you to “test” out to show your competency. If outside of Richmond, we can arrange to have your equipment shipped (PO boxes not accepted). Applying for a scholarship may help reduce the cost of the equipment being shipped.
Some of the organizations that have received computers from
Tech For Troops are:
- Veterans’ Employment Program
- DLW Veterans Outreach and Training Center
- American Legion Posts across the US
- Wounded Warrior Project
- VFW across the US
- Liberation Veteran Services
- McGuire VA Medical Center
- American Legion Ransom Post 186
- Team Red White and Blue
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Tech For Troops’ Veteran Improvement Program (VIP) supplies qualifying Veterans and Veteran Assistance Organizations with refurbished computers at low cost. Each computer has a fresh install of the operating system and is excellent for typical office tasks such as word processing and browsing the web.
Tech For Troops gifts computers to:
- Veterans, National Guard, and active duty transitioning in need.
- Non-profits with a mission to help Veterans such as Veterans training centers, counseling centers, Veterans housing organizations, etc.