What is a Third-Party Fundraiser?
It is when a business, organization, community group, school or individual plans and hosts a program or an event that benefits Tech for Troops. It may be planned and executed independently of Tech for Troops, but we still want to be involved!
We are honored you chose Tech For Troops as the beneficiary of your fundraiser. We can and we are making an impact in the Veteran Community by providing life changing IT education, career/life skills, and free “gifted” laptops to homeless and impoverished Veterans who attend training at our facility. We also represent the Veteran population through our employees, hiring majority Veterans and Veteran/active duty military spouses. Our vision is to turn these computers into Training, Education and Technology for Veterans and their families in need. Working computers can provide a new life to struggling Veterans and their families.
Individuals, organizations, and corporations who request the opportunity to Host an event, we are so very thankful for. Tech for Troops welcomes, greatly appreciates and wants to support requests from YOU the HOST to host fundraisers, special events, sales promotions, donation drives and e-waste drives on behalf of Tech For Troops.
Third Party Fundraiser Request Form
- Provide a custom branded fundraising link
- Provide a QR code for donations
- Provide a letter authorizing the Host to use Tech For Troops logo/webpage/QR code to be used to validate the authenticity of the fundraiser
- If appropriate, we will engage with your fundraiser via your social media posts
- Tech For Troops can provide a donation receipt for donors with an official acknowledgement statement via email (we need the donors’ email address)
- Send a Tech For Troops representative to attend your fundraiser, if available
- Provide Tech For Troops marketing materials such as brochures and flyers
- Authorize the use of the Tech For Troops name and logo at your fundraising event with a signed release form
- Promote the fundraiser via our internal mailing or database list
- Extend our sales tax exemption status for purchase of products towards the event
- Provide insurance coverage for the Host, volunteers, venue, or products
- Provide funding or reimbursement for expenses incurred by the Host
- Solicit sponsorship revenue, silent auction, or raffle items for your event
- Provide influencers (military or civilian), celebrities or professional athletes for your activity/event
- Release volunteer, partner, or donor information
- Endorse any products or services used in connection with the event
- Events that are not in compliance with the Tech For Troops Mission and/or programmatic activities.
- Tech For Troops does not allow the use of professional or contracted third-party fundraisers or activities that raise money on commission.
- ALL events that involve gambling, illicit drugs, hate speech (of any kind), sexual content, or irresponsible consumption of alcohol.
- Tech For Troops is a nonpartisan organization and therefore cannot support events that involve the promotion or support of a political party or candidate, or events which appear to endorse a political activity.